Improve the skin’s texture and tone with an open pore treatment in Brampton. Everyone has skin pores, some small, some big. When the pores become noticeable or lead to dull, rough skin, it is time to address the problem with professional pore treatments.
Understanding Large Pores & Open Pores
Large and open pores can lead to mild to severe skin conditions such as acne and premature aging of the skin. As the openings on the skin become clogged with oil, the area becomes hollower, causing the appearance of enlarged pores.
Causes of Large & Open Pores
- Excessive Sebum Production: Sebaceous glands that are stimulated to produce excessive sebum can cause the size of the pores to increase.
- Increased Hair Follicle Volume: Clogging of the pores that house the hair follicles can lead to enlarged and open pores.
- Genetics: Heredity factors and ethnicity play a role in the presence of open and large pores.
- Sun Damage: Open pores are common with sun exposure as the ultraviolet rays decrease collagen production which helps to tighten the skin surface.
- Clogged Pores: The protein keratin that makes up the epidermis layer can cause clogged pores as the dead skin cells can lead to an increase in oil production.
- Blackheads and Whiteheads: The excess oil in the clogged pores appears as blackheads or whiteheads on the surface, causing the pore to enlarge.
- Hormones: As hormone levels fluctuate, the sebaceous glands produce excess sebum which stimulates the pores to increase in size.
- Skin Type: With skin type 2 (oily) or type 3 (combination of oily and normal), the pores can quickly clog with excessive oil and increase in size.
- Chronic Acne: The inflammation of chronic acne can increase the size of pores as it causes follicular openings and the sebaceous glands to become impaired.
How to Diagnose Large Open Pores
A dermatologist should be consulted if you have any concerns or issues relating to the condition or appearance of your pores.
- Visual Examination: A thorough visual inspection of the size and location of the open pores will help determine the severity of the condition.
- Skin Analysis: This type of testing will help determine the condition of the skin cells and which form of treatment will best serve the areas of concern.
- Discussion of Symptoms: Open pores are distinctly categorized by existing symptoms such as whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, pustules, nodules, and cysts.
- Medical History: As open pores can be linked to various health conditions, genetics, and fluctuating hormone levels, the patient’s medical history is reviewed.
- Patch Test: To ensure the appropriate treatment is safe for the skin type, a patch test may be performed to check for any allergic reactions.
Choosing the Right Open Pores Treatment in Brampton
For best results, it is recommended to have a consultation with a skincare specialist for open and large pores treatments in Brampton.
The Hollywood Spectra Peel treatment uses an acidic solution to lower the skin cells’ pH levels. As the exfoliation is performed, collagen, elastin, and new skin cells are produced.
Microdermabrasion gently exfoliates the top layer of skin that has been damaged, effectively cleansing the pores. This reduces the size of large pores while promoting a better complexion.
Microneedling is used to promote collagen production to improve the skin’s texture while reducing large pores. The skin becomes tighter, reducing the risk for clogged pores.
A popular enlarged pore treatments is Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP). By utilizing the body’s own platelets, it rejuvenates the skin cells and reduces the size and appearance of pores.
Benefits of Open & Large Pores Treatment in Brampton
Regardless of the chosen treatment, there are many benefits for your skin.
- Improved Skin Texture and Tone: By deep cleansing the pores, renewed skin cells provide a smoother texture and tone to the skin surface.
- Reduction in Pore Size: Addressing the underlying cause of enlarged pores by exfoliation can help reduce the pore size.
- Enhanced Self-Confidence: Less noticeable pores and a smoother skin surface can boost a person’s confidence in their appearance.
- Healthy and Radiant Skin – Removal of dead skin cells lead to a healthier and glowing complexion and more radiant skin.
Schedule a Consultation for Open Pores Treatment at Heart Lake Aesthetics Clinic
If you are looking for the best treatment to help reduce large pores, contact the skincare specialists of Heart Lake Aesthetics! With more than a decade under our belts helping men and women with advanced skin care treatments for healthy and radiant looking skin, our team offers scientifically proven techniques in a clean and safe environment.